Environmental Policy Statement
Barretts Industries Ltd. recognise the environmental impact from its business activities and is
committed to adopting and implementing this policy.
The Company will provide the necessary resources to achieve its environmental aims and to promote and
develop this environmental policy. The Management of the Company will be responsible for achieving this
mission as an integral part of its duties.
The company and its employees will endeavour to:
- Eliminate or minimise environmental pollution caused by its operations and its products throughout
- their life cycle.
- Reduce the creation of waste and dispose of such waste safely and responsibly.
- Reduce the consumption of natural resources and energy.
To achieve the principles within this policy the company will:
- Apply the most economically viable application of best available technology.
- Educate and motivate all employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Assess the environmental implications of new contracts, processes, capital projects, acquisitions, and diversities prior to implementation.
- Continuously improve in all areas of environmental protection, setting goals and establishing methods of measuring progress.
- Monitor and implement legislation, regulations, standards and technology relevant to its activities and their environmental impact
- Communicate to its customers, suppliers and other interested parties its intentions and encourage them to adopt where appropriate similar environmental policies and principles.
- Audit appropriately, all operations and practices for compliance with the spirit as well as the substance of all applicable laws, regulations, and internal requirements, including these principles and practices.
- Comply with requirements and principles of ISO14001: 2004.
This statement represents our commitment on behalf of the company and sets the framework for meeting our environmental programs and objectives. This policy is reviewed at least yearly for continuing suitability. It is part of the company’s training programme that this policy is understood, implemented and maintained at
all levels in the company.
Simon Barrett (Managing Director)
Barretts Industries Ltd.